Current news are available on the home page.
- Anurag Nagar, Jake Drew and Matt Bolanos (all IDA members) have received awards at the Annual SMU Graduate Research day for their work on genetic sequence alignment, classification and data stream clustering (Spring 2013).
- Prof. Hahsler (IDA@SMU) and Prof. El Shamy (Civil and Environmental Engineering) receive seed funding for Data-Enabled Characterization of the Seismic Response of Geotechnical Systems (3/2013).
- The first stable version of the R package stream is available on CRAN (3/2013).
- IDA@SMU members Maya El-Dayeh and Anurag Nagar win departmental awards at the 2012 Graduate Student Research Day.
- IDA@SMU director Dr. Michael Hahsler moves to a tenure-track position at the Engineering Management, Information, and Systems department, SMU.
- IDA@SMU receives NIH grant no. R21HG005912 to investigate Position Sensitive P-Mer Frequency Clustering (9/11).
- Our research on hurricane intensity prediction was featured in the article “Discovery: New Forecasting Algorithm Helps Predict Hurricane Intensity and Wind Speed” (Dec. 5, 2011) by the National Science Foundation and in “Weatherwatch: Can the intensity of a hurricane be predicted?” (Oct. 12, 2011) by The Guardian.
- IDA@SMU starts to forecasting hurricane intensities for the Atlantic Basin in real time for the 2011 hurricane season. See PIIH forecast web site (8/11).
- IDA@SMU receives REU funding for the 2011/12 academic year from NSF (7/11).
- John Forrest received the Departmental Award in Computer Science and is the first student at the Lyle School of Engineering to be awarded Departmental Distinctions for his research on Data Stream Mining (5/11). He will join Microsoft.
- Vladimir Jovanovic and John Forrest represented SMU at the Texas Undergraduate Research Day with their work on genetic sequence classification and data stream clustering. Read the report (2/11).
- IDA@SMU receives REU funding for 2010/11 from NSF (8/10).
- IDA@SMU co-organizes StreamKDD: Novel Data Stream Pattern Mining Techniques, a workshop at KDD-2010 (7/10).