How to Apply for an EMIS Degree Program
For more information on the application and admissions process in the Lyle School of Engineering, see:
Financial Aid for Graduate Students
- SMU Financial Options - Payment Plans and Loans
- SMU Graduate and Professional Financial Aid Bulletin
- Other Financial Aid Information
- Student Employment Office
- Hegi Family Career Development Center (internships, FT jobs)
- EMIS Department financial support:
- Teaching assistantships. The EMIS department has a small amount of financial aid in the form of teaching assistantships for students studying for a Ph.D. in Operations Research (PhDOR). There is normally no financial aid for students studying for the Masters of Science and Doctor of Engineering degrees.
Students that have been accepted into the PhDOR can apply for financial aid by sending a request to:
Graduate Assistantship Committee
Dept. Engineering Management, Information, and Systems
Southern Methodist University
Science Information Center 356
PO Box 750123
Dallas, TX 75275-0123
An in-person interview is required and will be scheduled if assistantship positions are available in upcoming semesters.
- Research assistantships. Individual EMIS faculty members may have research funding to support Ph.D. students. For further information, eligible students should contact the appropriate faculty members
about the availability of this type of support and the background needed for such a position.